- 1: Take a picture of your workspace.
- 2: Show your pencilcase and what's inside.
- 3: Show a thing you last drew, no matter how small or a "doodle" it is.
- 4: Lineart or coloring?
- 5: Who/what inspires you?
- 6: Draw a same pic with your dominant and non-dominant hand.
- 7: Do you have any OCs?
- 8: Do you listen to music when you draw? Favorites?
- 9: Favorite thing to draw?
- 10: Least favorite thing to draw?
- 11: Draw a pic of yourself like how you look just now.
- 12: Any weird artist behaviour you admit doing?
Sell what you make or find – on Etsy!
I’m inviting you to open a shop on Etsy. Use my link to list your first items free. You’ll reach a marketplace with over 25 million global members and it’s free to join!
I’ve been working on my etsy and other comics on here need a good online store vehicle, etsy seems like the best bet!
NEVER STOP DOODLING SHITTY COMICS AND NOT DOING HOMEWORK
THAT’S EXACTLY WHAT THE GOVERNMENT WANTS
Learning to work with Calligraphy ink
Part of traditional comic art is inking your work with calligraphy pens. I bought a writing calligraphy set awhile ago and used it a few times but the media is easy to screw up when you have no idea how to do it. With this being my case, I quickly faltered.
I picked it back up a few days ago and found these great links:
check this out! :)
Beginner Flash Tutorials and Reference links
I have started learning how to use a lot of the programs included in the Adobe Mastersuite CS5. The ones I am most interested in right now are Photoshop, AfterEffects, Flash, and Illustrator.
I have found the best way to start into a new program especially an involved one like Photoshop, you need to do an awesome mix of three things:
- Mess around: Click stuff, do stuff, see how it works, just scribble around and get a feel for each tool and effect
- Go ahead and try: Try your ideas and learn as go. You know you are going to need a pencil tool to draw something in and a cut option in your soundbooth if your splicing sound so look for the tools you think you’ll need (google and reference can be your friend here)
- Look up tutorials: I start on youtube and deviantart and look for walk through projects. Just like how when you get a kids do it yourself project it has a set of instructions that walk you through exactly what you need to do for this one project and all your materials are included!
Tutorials I have done:
- NCH85’s tutorial Deviantart, this will take about 15 minutes
- Yuumei’s tutorial Deviantart, this will take atleast an hour
- Animate an alpha dissolve Youtube, if you are stuck on the fade in the previous tutorial, watch this
- Amendments to Yuumei’s Tutorial
- Command script reference online
- Adobe Script instances (symbols like movie clip, button, and graphic)
Comment and I will try to respond with help :)
Is it bad that one of my favorite comics artists (Lynda Barry) has been tight with one of my favorite cartoonists (Matt Groening) since they were in their early 20s and they both still are producing work and talking and it all makes me SO INCREDIBLY HAPPY? ITS LIKE A COMIC BOHEMIA AND THEY ARE MY SHIVA AND VISHNUUUU
My tumblr feed is nothing but the SPX expo and its stabbing me multiple times in the heart and I’m dying repeatedly you guys